Friday, May 25, 2007

Dengue and Ringworm

Yes. I got the new just now, the results are in, and Dengue is confirmed. What does this mean? If my body takes the normal course of Dengue, I will continue to have a fever, with extreme body aches, then your arms and legs break out in a hiddeous rash. Usually lasts about a week. Mine is only starting. They are expecting to keep me in the capital for a week to make sure I have care nearby if needed. Tonight I'm staying in the Pension, a hostel for volunteers, but I will have my own room, A/C, and a TV. Then if things get worse and I can't deal on my own they'll send me to Clinica Abreu for a few days. This sucks.
I only had half of my dance routine choreographed and the performance is only a few weeks away. They were all doing to well too.
And as for my leg, my once strange sore has turned into 5 smaller sores. She gave me some pills for Ringworm that I'll take for 10 days to try and clear things up.
I need a hug or 10.
I'll have my cellphone with me. 809-467-2781.