Saturday, January 20, 2007

My flight is booked!


The official date and time is Feb. 12 at 10:55am. I will be arriving in D.C. at 4:26pm, leaving me an entire day to explore Our Nation's Capitol! How exciting. Now hopefully one of my dear loved ones will have time to take me to the airport on Monday morning. Just one.
It will be hard saying good-bye, so I think I might pretend I'm leaving for only a short trip. See you in a few weeks! Two years is way to hard to fathom.
Saying goodbye to Jeremy will be the toughest. He's been part of my life nearly everyday for 2 years. Ouch. That hurts. He will be missed muchisimo. We'll have to say hasta luego two weeks from now, then off to Bismarck to visit the family and fly out.
I'm hoping to have enough adventures daily to side track my mind from missing everyone so much.
It will also be hard not watching my nieces and nephew grow up. Many of them are becoming teenagers and are going to need much guidance. It breaks my heart to not be there for them over the next few years. I'm planning on talking to their teachers to create and ongoing correspondence with their classes. Through this I'm hoping they'll feel my presence and have a better understanding of what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.
And then there are the young ones. Only 2 and 4 years old. So many firsts will be missed. Break my heart. I love you all.

No comments: